Saturday, July 15, 2006

HOUSE FOR SALE!


We bought our house on July 18, 2002. The sign went up in the front yard today, July 15, 2006. Interesting providence, isn’t it?

We have been working like maniacs for the last month. Almost every inch of the interior has been painted. The basement was officially finished today. There is so little furniture left in our house that it is sparser (is that a word? more sparse?) than a model home. It looks spacious and clean.

I was supposed to be at a men’s seminar today. Mia called me just as it began and said our realtor was coming at 1:00 to get the house listed and there was too much for her to do at the last minute to get it done. So I left just minutes after the seminar began. I hope the presenters didn’t think I got offended so quickly! (Actually, I wrote a long note of explanation and gave it to them so they wouldn’t feel I just walked out on them.) Mia’s had a three-day migraine and there was no way she could get everything ready in time. I figured my place was to help her so I went home.

We dashed around the house putting all the finishing touches on cleaning and straightening. I sat down mere minutes before our realtor walked in. We took her around the house. I was so proud! Then she started… “You better touch this up. Is this fingernail polish? What are you going to do about this wall? (She didn’t like my taping job in the basement!) You need to put some beadboard over it! (Beadboard? Where the heck do you buy beadboard?) What about that hornet’s nest?” I guess we’re not quite finished.

Nevertheless, she loved what we had done to the house. She has an open house scheduled already for next Sunday (the 23rd). She is optimistic that the house will move quickly. (We have until October 10 to close on the Arts and Crafts house.) The price and the selling strategy were agreed upon and the sign went up in the yard! Elizabeth got so excited! She said, “Dad! It’s even a cool looking sign!”

So, now we are already feeling like we are living in someone else’s house. I’ve turned into the “Neat Dragon.” Anybody leaves anything out and I’m on them like flies on manure. Mia and I think it would be best if we just got out of here for a month or so. You know, just load up the old family van and take off. Do any of you have a hankering to host a family of eight for a week or two? Look at it this way, I have an associate pastor, a worship guy who can preach, and an intern. I’m sure they could handle things even better than I could!

It’s 9:50 pm and the sky is orange out of the window of my study. I’m glad I’m not out in my garage! It’s still 88 degrees outside and I’m sure the garage has to be around 100. And you know Michigan, it’s not a dry heat! I’m going to go over my sermon notes and then sleep the sleep of the dead. Perhaps the stress will be gone in the morning!

You guys are great! Thanks for stopping by!

5 Comments:

Blogger Smoking Christian said...

Hey! The 8 of you can stay here!
(I won't even tell my lovely wife. I think it's better if we surprise her.)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Awesome! Thanks, SC. I was hoping for a Southern California invite! Will I be able to use your garage while I'm there?

4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't even bother asking the OG man, his house has been in transition longer than the Middle East has been in temper tantroms.

"Our guest room is not quite ready yet for your 2007 visit, please check back in 2008 and have your credit card ready!".

You would have better luck with the local YMCA.

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your ballerina neice is still occupying the game room of the YB. You can trade between the SC garage, and the SYS garage. However, Nephew Eric and growing family are occupying the upstairs and home of a our parent's in Temecula. The Brand new house that Eric is buying is NO WHERE near done. They will be there 4 for quite a bit longer.
I say let patience prevail.I know you are familiar with that.

1:57 AM  
Blogger OG said...

YB speaks truth. Although the countertops were installed today and my bride called to say how much she loves them. A small step, but still a far cry from reopening the B&B.

But, good news! We are now accepting PayPal.

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home