Tuesday, March 28, 2006

THE RAPTURE CLEARLY EXPLAINED

Hi you guys! One of the advantages of having a large library is that you can lay your hands on almost any information you want to at a moments’ notice. Today’s posting on the Occasional Glass of Wine Non-Denominationalist has prompted a number of nervous questions concerning the Second Coming of Jesus. I flew to my library and the section on eschatology and was able to find the book that will answer all of our questions. It is entitled, “88 Reasons Why the Rapture Is in 1988” by Edgar C. Whisenant. I wish to quote a few sections of that book for you in an effort to calm you. After all, if you know what’s coming, you won’t be caught off guard!

Reasons #4 and #5

The 69th week of Daniel ended 6 April 30 AD at the closing of Jesus’ tomb. The 70th week of Daniel starts with the Day of Atonement 1988 when Antichrist signs the Seven-Year Peace Pact with Israel on 21 September 1988, and the 70th week of Daniel ends seven Jewish years later on the Day of Atonement 1995, at the battle of Armageddon, 4 October 1995, thus lasting seven Jewish years

Lunar dates of the last three Feasts of Israel for the years 1988 through 1995 provide the beginning and ending dates for the count of days given by God in Ezekiel, Daniel, and Revelation and verify beyond any reasonable doubt that from the Day of Atonement 1988 through the Day of Atonement 1995 is the 70th week of Daniel. (This single fact is the unchallengeable proof that this book is correct and true.)

The Rapture of the church must precede the peace-pact signing between Antichrist and Israel. Thus we look at Rosh Hashanah 1988 which is ten days earlier than the signing date, 21 September 1988.

Reason #13

If you count the first and last days in a 280-day gestation count of the human fetus, then in the 280-day count from Rosh Hashanah 12 September 1988 (the church’s Rapture as day 280), then day number one is 8 December 1987, the day President Reagan the Gorbachev signed the Intermediate Range Nuclear Missile Facilities Treaty. Thus, from 8 December 1987, you can count down the last 280 days to the Jewish date of Rosh Hashanah 12 September 1988, the date of our church’s Rapture (don’t forget that 1988 is a leap year).

Reason #64

America’s famous psychic said that a great world leader was born 5 February 1962 somewhere in the Middle East and that this was the greatest vision she had ever had. A prophet of God is always 100% correct all the time, but by this psychic’s own admission she is only 70% correct. She said this great world leader would have his great influence in the latter part of this century, meaning about 1995 in which year he would be 33 years old. If he is the Antichrist and is cast alive into the lake of fire at Armageddon in October 1995, he would be 33 years and 8 months old. Jesus was 33 years and 6 months old when he died. Alexander the Great was exactly 33 years old when he died. So, if Antichrist is this great world leader and ends his reign at age 33 in 1995 then the tribulation called the 70th week of Daniel had to start seven years earlier and again in 1988.

There. Now does everyone feel better? You know now that the Rapture will take place on September 12, 1988! I guess I was wrong!

(These are actual quotes. I am not making this up.)

Thanks for stopping by!

4 Comments:

Blogger Yakimaniac said...

This is an excellent and timely post! I am grateful for the clarification and will sleep easier tonight.

I am recommending that our exalted leader and head of the Church of the SC grant you a raise and a paid sabbatical to a Caribbean seminary of your choice. If it’s not in the budget then a nice plaque will do.

I can hardly wait for Mrs. Yak’s comments. A Revelation scholar and teacher in our former (Presbyterian) church, she will no doubt have much to say.

12:52 AM  
Blogger OG said...

Shilohman, many have tried to predict the date on which the rapture will occur. As recently as last year, beloved television personality Homer Simpson predicted the date to be May 18. The real question is not when. The real question is how you find time to blog so prolifically.

The rest of us are either out of work or employed in the service industry – both situations give us ample free time and internet access. But you have deliverables! Every week you must give at least one coherent sermon and undoubtedly have other teaching responsibilities as well. What is your secret? Are the sermons growing imperceptibly shorter? Do you simply project you current week’s blogs onto the screen after the praise songs? Seriously, I have thought about going into the ministry, but was afraid it would cut into my blogging time. You are truly an inspiration!

11:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just because The Shilohman came out of the closet,don't be fooled into thinking you know him. He conveniently skipped over the early years. When I was really little The Sholohman (4 years older than me)would torment me in various ways usually recruiting my older sister, the middle child. When our Deacon Dad and Devoted Housewife Mother were not home He would tickle me relenlessly until I ran out onto the front lawn screaming. Neighbors would come out of their houses to see if there had been a murder. (really I couldn't even yell to them to call 911, there was no such service at the time.)You've already heard how he paid me 8 cents to make his bed 7 days a week. He told me 8 copper coins was more than one silver one. I remember clearly one time I got home and no one was there. I asked him where they all were, and he said that the rapture had just happened then he said that he wasn't really there just his body left behind to tell me, and that his body would join his spirit in a matter of seconds. I was truly terrified. He went so far as to sneak out of the house leaving me to wander around calling him. I started praying. Then I cried and cried. It doesn't matter that GOD covers The Shilohman's sins or forgets them or chooses to not remember... I remember and am ever so willing to remind God and inform his reader's of his trangressions.
In sisterly love, YSY

6:22 PM  
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Dear SYS,

You must have misunderstood me. When you asked me where Dad and Mom were, I said, "Not sure," not "rapture." And I didn't mean that I had been raptured. Rather, I had been caught up into the third heaven because God had a special job for me to do. He assured me that the only way to drive you into the arms of Jesus was to torture you mercilessly until you ran away from me to him. It was the only hope for your eternal bliss. If you hadn't tattled on me I might have succeeded in my divine assignment. Love you!

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home