Thursday, May 03, 2007

WHERE IS ANNE OF THE HOUSE?



I'm sure many of you readers, fans of the writing and art work of Anne of the House, have been wondering where she has been for the last month or so. Well, she WASN'T in rehab! She has a whole new art jones going on. Anne decided to become proficient in oil painting! She's been reading about it and trying to learn everything she can about it for about a month. Then last week she bought an easel and some canvases and started applying oil paint to canvas. It has taken up almost all of her creative time so she has set aside her writing and watercolors for her book for the time being.

Well, I just wanted you to know what was going on with her. The top picture is her first effort and the bottom picture is her second. She is not happy that I am posting her work but I told her that people need to know what she is up to. She can't just take a month off and expect people to not be worried about her. So here is the evidence of her new avocation.

Thanks for stopping by. We value your jaundiced, I mean, artistic eyes!



(Original artwork by Mia Moorhead)

8 Comments:

Blogger Anne of The House said...

I can't believe it.

6:14 PM  
Blogger auntie ski said...

Nor can I ... fabulous from this view Anne! You are a woman of amazing talents!

6:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, comforting, peaceful, soothing, and did I say gorgeous? Did I spell that right? You're good! and you can't deny it. Natural talent is Godspoken and Godblessed and Godgifted - it's all about God.

9:09 PM  
Blogger Smoking Christian said...

Very nice. I especially like the bottom one. It looks like she's been painting for years. As you may know from my biography, I once painted to be asked about becoming Westmont's first Art Major. With those credentials now out on the table, let me now say that you can't fake oil painting. I know. I tried. You actually have to LEARN oil painting. That's why it certainly wasn't for me!

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very good - keep at it!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Anne of The House said...

Aww. Thanks guys!

Ragdoll- who are you? Do you live here? (no teasing) You must tell me......................... Lori??

1:18 AM  
Blogger Baptist Girl said...

What a beautiful picture! Such Talent!

Cristina

12:18 PM  
Blogger Yakimaniac said...

A new post over at http://petersashtray.blogspot.com/

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home