Wednesday, March 14, 2007

AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH

You guys all know I’m not Mr. Science. When I was at the Harvard of Evangelicalism, the most difficult science class I took was “The Botany of Economic Plants,” aka, “Lunch with Leedy.” I wrote my term paper on “The Care of Putting Greens on Municipal Golf Courses.” In that class I was surrounded by athletes of all shapes and sizes.

My major was Communications. Minors in Bible, Spanish, and Education. Nothing there should vaguely resemble science.

I have spent nearly every day since college (with a few brief interruptions) in ministry. No call for scientific knowledge there.

Hopefully I have established my non-scientific credentials. So if I am wrong about this you will know that I am coming at it honestly.

I don’t know what Al Gore’s scientific credentials are. I know he thinks he invented the internet but I don’t know what he studied in college. I don’t even know what advanced degrees he holds. He now has an Academy Award but I don’t think that is like Nobel Prize for science.

Allegedly, there is a hole in the ozone layer. Allegedly, this contributes to global warming. Allegedly, global warming is melting the polar ice caps, the Greenland ice shelf, and all the glaciers in the world. Allegedly, southern Florida will be under water by 2100.

Here’s my question. If there is a hole in the ozone layer, how does Al Gore know that it isn’t allowing the heat to ESCAPE from our atmosphere? I do know that heat rises. The hole in my chimney allows the heat to escape from my house. Maybe if we got far enough away we would be able to see the heat escaping from the hole in the ozone layer!

And if the sun is so hot, why is it so cold in space?

Maybe we should look for another explanation for why the temperatures are rising!

Thanks for listening!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home