Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SPRING HAS SPRUNG!

This post will be nothing more than a series of ramblings to keep you up to date on life in the Wooden House located near the west coast of the Mitten State.

At the moment of this writing, we are exactly two hours away from the Vernal Equinox, aka, the arrival of Spring. (Be sure to balance an egg on its end!) Today’s high was 44. It is currently 38 but the sky is cloudless and as blue as you could want. I hope the Yakimaniac notifies Al Gore about the raging heat we are feeling here in lovely, suburban, Caledonia.

Airman John was home for two weeks. He was supposed to help the local Air Force recruiter. Ricky the Recruiter sent him to the mall twice and told him to get him a total of four contacts which Airman John did in a matter of minutes. I can hear the conversation now, “Hey, buddy! Come here a sec. I have to get four names and phone numbers for Ricky the Recruiter and then I can go home. Come on. Gimme a break. You don’t have to listen to him. Just let him call.” We put Airman John on the bus for Florida yesterday morning which is supposed to be home for him for the next two years. I think maybe we should start planning a trip for January, 2008. (Unless global warming puts Florida under water by that time.)

Mark the Worship Guy has fallen in love. His beloved lives up in Minnesota, north of the Cities. He’s moving up there tomorrow so Anne of the House and I went to lunch with the two of them today. It was almost too much for Anne, saying goodbye to two of her kids on consecutive days. (Yes, Mark the Worship Guy was like one of our kids.) Minnesota, huh? I tried to encourage him by telling him that, thanks to global warming, it was soon to be an ocean-front retirement area.

I see YB of the SC is hoping the Anaheim Hills become the source for a reemergence of surf and car music. That would make the Matterhorn the new Catalina Island, I think. YB, if you can just keep your whole neighborhood from burning down in the Santa Ana windblown fires you may be in luck!

Son #2, Caleb, is thinking about heading out to Lake Tahoe this summer to live with his big brother who is now running a pizza restaurant out there. Aaron says he can help Caleb get a job fighting the forest fires out west. I think Caleb would be better off preparing to be a Pacific Ocean lifeguard at Tahoe Beach.

Thanks for listening.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shilohman - did you and I really go to the same college? Did you and I really date the same girl? Did you and I really try our best to keep the "pledge"? Did you and I really come from the same state? What else should I be asking?

9:33 PM  
Blogger Yakimaniac said...

Great post. It brought chuckles galore.

I think it's time for the YB to write another guest post over at PA - don't even think about writing for the Shilohblog or I'll sue for breach of contract - so that you can prove once and for all that you deserved to go to the same college as all the rest of us because you did get As in subjects other than Skirt Chasing 101.

Did I just write a 66 word sentence?

12:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Aaron is here with Mom and Dad. I'm helping Mom on computer.

7:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Dave it's your Mom.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was your "older" sister, I presume...and, she is celebrating her birthday today with a few of her best friends, including my wife.

Now your mom knows more about you than she ever wanted to know.

1:16 PM  
Blogger auntie ski said...

Shilohman, I'm becoming more and more intrigued by this family of yours... they are people of amazingly few words for people who share your gene pool... and I've never known your father to be at a loss for words, yet he is curiously absent from all of your blogs... wassup with that?

8:12 PM  
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

YB

No, that was the younger of my two sisters. Aaron flew down for a week of SoCal visiting and they stopped by Rancho Cucamonga before heading down to the older sister's birthday party with you lovely wife. The idea is to help my mom learn how to make comments on the blog. She's afraid we will all change if we find out she is reading our blogs. I told her not to worry about it. Until we discovered global warming nobody was writing anything anyway. I guess that is just another dangerous effect of global warming!

11:17 PM  
Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Auntie Ski,

You are too new to the blogosphere to remember SYS of Shiloh's comments "back in the day." She just went on and on. In fact, her comments got so long that Blogger threatened to charge us for storage space on their servers. Mom is just learning how to make comments. The older of my sisters doesn't even read blogs. Neither does Dad.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Anne of The House said...

Don't be fooled by the silent facade! Mom can really talk and we all know it! Come on Mom!How bout some 2 cents?!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home