Wednesday, December 13, 2006

DOING MY PART


I would like to add my congratulations to The Smoking Christian for his obvious success in blogworld. He is now his own dot com which lifts him higher and higher above his adoring masses. I would also like to note that I figured out how to fix the link on Shilohman all by myself. That is a frightening thought. Perhaps I'm spending far too much time in the blogosphere?

Just a brief report on Harry the Finch. We've figured out that Harry was probably being pitched out of the nest by his three siblings. In the last couple of days all three of his siblings have voluntarily ventured out of the nest and they are far more developed than Harry. We guess Harry was the runt and never got as much food as his siblings. However, much to their fratricidal frustration, Harry is doing great and his mom is way bigger than their mom! When we take the lid off Harry's box he flies right to Anne of the House now. I was holding him this afternoon when she walked into the room and he dumped me like a bag of rotten potatoes and flew right to her! I'd say he's coming right along. More authorized pictures to come!

Oh, and by the way, John the Air Force son finally called this evening. He was allowed to tell us he would be calling again on Sunday and then he had to read off his mailing address. He was able to slip in that he was doing fine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Smoking Christian said...

I believe you could write an entire blog about that one tiny bird. I can see it saying, "God bless us! God bless us every one!" this Christmas.

This finch reminds me of a very young Sammy Davis Jr. He was so tiny when he was born they had to make a little bed for him in a pot on the oven. Today, a nosy neighbor would call the police and have the child placed in protective custody.

The headlines would read, "Neighbor's 911 call saves baby from canibalistic parents!"

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home