Tuesday, May 02, 2006

SHILOHMAN'S NEWS AND COMMENT


NEWS COVERAGE FOR THE QUADBLOG

So Paul Harvey refused to give us the news about the immigrants’ boycott. That’s fine. I’ve always liked Paul Harvey. I met him once in 1976 when he was a special speaker at a Youth For Christ fundraising banquet we did. He was very nice.

I read in the newspaper that an illegal immigrant mom wanted to make sure her kids knew she wasn’t a criminal. Isn’t that an oxymoron?

Did you see this headline? “Malvo Might Testify against Mentor.” He and John Allen Muhammad were the two guys who shot up the DC area from the trunk of a car four years ago. Can you imagine how heartbroken Muhammad must feel? He pours his life into this wayward youth trying to “mentor” him and the kid turns against him! What an ungrateful little punk!

I was stunned to see that 16,000 species of living things on our planet are in danger of being endangered. In the Mediterranean Sea there are 252 species of fish that are endangered now. Seven species are already extinct, including two relatives of the carp! No wonder the price of carp keeps going up!

The government has come up with a plan of action in case of a flu pandemic. I wonder if it is the same group that came up with a plan to evacuate New Orleans? Anyway, one of the plans is to have surgical masks on planes to give to coughing passengers. Can you imagine some flight attendant trying to force a large, overserved, businessman to put on a mask? Talk about traveler’s rage! And employers are going to be instructed to have their workers remain at least three feet apart to prevent passing on the bug. I’m trying to imagine how this would work. Can you picture a waitress walking around with a yardstick taped to each hip?

I saved the best for last. Muhamad Noor Che Musa, 33, just married Wook Kundur, 104, in Malaysia. Wook has been married 20 times before. Where are Herman’s Hermits when you need them? “I’m Muhamad the 21st, I am…” He’s going to teach her to read and write Roman script and she is going to teach him Islamic knowledge. I suppose she could teach him a few more things but we won’t go there.

You guys are all great! Thanks for stopping by!

2 Comments:

Blogger Yakimaniac said...

Thank you very much for your new feature. I look forward to each broadcast, hopefully on a semi-regular basis.

I personally think if you posted your Sunday sermons it would be a big hit here on the Quadblog. At the very minimum there would be one blogger who would get some benefit from church without actually having to show up. Sounds like a win-win for everyone!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Smoking Christian said...

Dear Yak,

the Shiloman sends me his "sermons' every week. I quite enjoy them. I've thought of posting one or two on my own website. Then, I thought, I would be seen as a religious thing. I didn't want that.

He combines a knowledge of the original languages with the long history of the times over which the Books of the Bible were written.

If you want, you can go to his churche's website and subscribe to his weekly sermons. Or, maybe, you can get on his personal, one-on-one sermon mailing like me.

I'm pretty sure it's the same thing.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home